Custom Search

March 05, 2012

Wow!

Holy Jeebus, Batman! A lot has happened over the last month, and I just got too busy to write! Here's a quick breakdown ....

The child support hearing went pear-shaped from the minute I got there, and DA ended up being arrested right there in the courtroom and thrown in jail for 31 days! He's out this coming Thursday, though, and then I hope he goes back from whence he came and never darkens my doorstep again. I'm still not getting child support, but who cares? All I want is him to never step foot in my life again!

And ... the best news of all ... well, not the best, but still - we got a new apartment! We're out of the hotel, yay! Moved out on the 18th of last month, and I couldn't be happier! Nick's job is still going swimmingly, I'm still volunteering for peanuts a day (but it's still some money, blah) and ... and ... AND ....

*drumroll, please*

I'm able to walk again! Two shoes, baby! Out of the wheelchair and on my own, once again! I went to the doctor last week, and he said I'm completely healed so there's no need for another visit. Wooooot! I'm still not up to the same standard I was pre-accident, but I'm getting there. It's slow going for me, but I'm up! And moving! And about! And I'm ecstatic :)

I also started taking some prescription weight loss pills about the middle of last month, and my pants are already fitting looser than before! I don't have a scale, so I don't know how much (if any) I've lost, but I feel good about myself again, like before ... and that means a whole lot more than any number on the scale :)

No comments:

Post a Comment