Custom Search

June 21, 2010

Here we are!

Well, we made it to Kentucky safe and sound Saturday night about 5:00 after the most arduous drive ever. Over 900 miles, but we got here. And it's hot as hell, like living on the sun. Losing weight should be easy-peasy, I'm just going to sweat it all out, apparently. Minnesota living really spoiled me to good weather, so I was completely unprepared for this monstrous heat.

My mother is great about making regular meals, which is really helping. Plus, with it being hot, I'm drinking lots of water again. It's easy, too, now that I have drinkable water at the ready; Halstad had gross tap water, and it was too much of a pain in the ass to keep going to the grocery store for gallons of water, so I had really cut back on my water intake. I feel like I'm living in civilization again, it's nice. I miss Matt, but he'll be here soon. I also live down in the basement, down lots of stairs, so that's a workout without even knowing it. I was actually a little out of breath the first few times I went up and down. Maybe it'll be good for my bad knees and gimp foot, too.

I'm 120% looking forward to a new start on life. Today is getting Jacobi set up for school and getting other stuff set up for being in a new state, too. It's going to be a busy day, a busy week, but I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment