Custom Search

June 26, 2010

A week!

Yup, that's right - been here a week now, and I'm still getting acclimated to being here. I've gotten a lot of stuff done, like applying for assistance, calling schools for Jacobi, getting my driver's license, new car insurance, new title and tags, getting Jacobi back on WIC ... whew. It's been really hectic, but I've managed to cram in a job interview and snag a second interview, too.

It's nice to be able to drink water whenever I want - and tap water, at that! I go through about 2 liters of water a day, sometimes more, and my kidneys thank me. I feel regular and normal again ... it's amazing what clean, fresh water can do for a person! I think I've lost weight, too; my tightest pair of pants are buttoning just a little bit easier now. Of course, I'm not going to weigh myself for awhile, don't wanna get discouraged, but I feel a lot better. It's been easier to keep on a regular meal schedule, there are plenty of healthy snacks and fruits around, and eating better is super simple. For my health, this was a great move, I'm feeling a lot better about myself. I also don't have all the stress I had in Minnesota, doing everything by myself and feeling overworked, overloaded, blah and fatigued. I was miserable there, I didn't feel comfortable and honestly felt like I probably hated it. The town, the people ... I just didn't fit in, and every day was a delicate balance to make sure you didn't do or say anything that people would gossip about it, lest your reputation be spread around and dissected.

Lord, I hate small towns. With a fierce, fiery passion.

I'm just feeling a lot less stressed and a lot healthier, so by the time Matt gets here he won't even recognize me. Even if I haven't lost that much weight by then, my demeanor has changed which means my facial features are more relaxed, too. I don't constantly look like I have a stomach cramp.

Change can definitely be a good, needed thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment