Custom Search

March 04, 2014

Issues

I had my gallbladder removed in July 2013, due to multiple stones that were aggravating the heck out of me. The problem I've been having since is constant diarrhea and stomach cramping. Is this normal? When I mentioned it to my doctor a couple of times, he told me that it's to be expected and there's nothing that can be done about it except wait it out. However, I've heard that the symptoms can last for several years before stopping! This can't be true, right? If that's the case, I would rather have my gallbladder back and deal with the stones that this!

In fact, in today's technological age, why can't they just make a disease-free gallbladder and put it back in? I know experts say that we don't actually need a gallbladder to function, but I don't recall having these symptoms with a gallbladder, right? This makes no sense! I've lost 20 pounds since my surgery, though, which isn't a lot (because I'm still festively fat), so I guess that could be seen as a plus. I'll start using the Leslie Sansone walking DVD pretty soon, though, as soon as my bones can handle the movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment