Custom Search

March 17, 2014

Residency

I applied for the Amtrak Residency program last night, and now I'm nervous! I don't feel like I'm good enough to get it, but at least I put my work in the hat, right? To apply, you had to submit a writing sample. I didn't want to use any of my previous work, which was on the darker side, but I had a vague idea of a story forming in my noggin, so I sat down to write anew and the words just poured out of my head onto the screen. The story wrote itself while I sat there and watched. It was an amazing feeling, just watching what my fingers had to type while my brain formulated all these incredible words. Almost like an out-of-body experience...almost. Time for tea! I'm up before everyone else to make sure the Boy got on the bus, and now it's just quiet writing and internet time. I <3 this time of day the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment