Custom Search

March 22, 2010

Another week

I'm feeling really good lately, like I can really get this exercise thing down, you know? Walking is getting easier, and eating right is falling into place. I still have a minor setback here and there, but I'm learning how to cook at home for myself using a healthy meals cookbook Mom sent me, so I don't feel like I'm floundering quite as much as before. Some days I feel bloated, and other days I feel like doing absolutely nothing at all except listen to the sound of my ass getting fatter, but I know I can't do that anymore. I'm trying to retrain my brain to do different things, better things, and I know it's going to take some time. My mind volume has been set on "fat" for so long, it's become the new normal, and I need to learn how to view my body differently. My weight shouldn't define my personality, but I feel I've let it.

I'm also learning that even when I can't properly go for a walk to exercise, I can still groove myself by doing other activities - cleaning, laundry, taking the stairs, etc. Anything that gets me moving counts, so screw you, "I go to the gym every day for two hours" girl. I'm doing the best I can, and that means a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment