Custom Search

March 11, 2010

Pep in my step

Yup, after a horribly awful period this month, I woke up this morning feeling better and more energetic. Those things really take the wind out of you, make you feel like crap. For awhile, I felt like my limbs were made of pewter, or something else really heavy and weighty - I had no energy to do anything, and walking my 15 minutes at work was a pain in the ass. However, no more! For the next 3 or 4 weeks, I will be energetic enough to tackle any food life throws at me with my incredible ninja-like powers and cat-like reflexes. Hi-ya!

Reality check: I will probably be energetic enough to sit through work, handle Jacobi and do some other things that life requires, such as homework or cooking or ... cleaning ... or laundry ... or ... sigh. The list goes on and on. Maybe I got some better quality sleep last night, and that's why I feel like tackling the world head-on today. Or maybe ... the planets aligned in the night, Chile righted itself to the right those 8 or 10 feet again, the weather patterns have changed and are melting the snow the world over!

Or maybe my period is over and I feel like myself again.

Last night was a typical "I don't feel good and need comfort food" night, which happens for a few days a month - I didn't eat very well. Dinner is my weak point; I do fine for breakfast, lunch and snacks, then dinner seems to blow it all out of the water. Jenny Craig seemed to think this was not normal ... therefore, I have stopped listening to Ms. Craig and have been following my own rules and advice, which just happen to closely resemble Craig's advice of high fiber and low calories. She failed to mention, however, that I would be ravenous come dinner time, so I packed her bags and sent her on her merry way. Bye-bye!

Today is a new day, and I feel ready to conquer the world....and my weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment