Custom Search

March 17, 2010

New Shoes!

I went to Beyond Running last night, and told the salesgirl my footwear dilemna in a few sentences: plates in foot, orthotics in shoes, walk on the side of my feet, right ankle hurts. Okay, well ... that was only a few words. She found the most awesome pair of shoes ever - the Nike Vomero. Size 9.5, pink and white (my fave), and they fit beautifully. I walk better, I feel better ... I just need my right ankle to be stronger. These shoes are designed for people that walk on the sides of their feet, and I do. Well, on my right foot, I do - blame the knee surgery when I was 10, and then breaking both feet later on in life. I'm not wearing sock liners in the shoes, but with my orthotics they feel very good. Yay!

On my 15 minute break at work today, I tested them out by walking around the neighborhood. Other than my eternal boredom from looking at flat, my shoes held up and I made it back to work in good time. Good news? I was barely winded. Maybe this eating right and walking gig has some merit to it - I seem to be strengthening my lungs and stamina.

Last night, I ate at Taco Bell - not the best, I know, but it was late and I'd been so good all day long. I was also tired and really jacked up on endorphins from finding good shoes. Sue me, I walked it off today and have been moderating what I eat. At this very moment, I feel like I could conquer the world and never give up. I will meet my goal, one way or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment