Custom Search

September 03, 2010

Weekend!

Today is the start of what I hope is going to be a really good 3-day weekend. My son seems like he's coming down with a cold, though, so the Festival we were going to go to tomorrow may have to be postponed :(

However ... I've had a pretty good week food-wise, and I feel good about that. Worked out tonight for 22 minutes, and it felt good! YAY!

Moving to Kentucky was the best decision at this time in my life. I was miserable and upset in my situation in Minnesota, that's for sure. I had at least 4 nervous breakdowns in 3 years, stopped caring about myself, my son, my apartment ... stopped caring about life. I became angry at the world around me, and felt like I was always going to be chasing my tail, going nowhere.

But I've been in Kentucky now about two-and-a-half months, and I'm starting to discover who I am again. The good news? I bought some new pants yesterday, and they were a size smaller than even my new size. You know what that means? I've lost 2 pants sizes since June, and it's all due to  being in a different situation with people that can love me, support me, and help me live life again. That means the absolute world to me, and I wouldn't change it for anything. I have a good steady job, I have a (mostly) working car, I'm with my family again ... hopefully my boyfriend will be here next month ....

Six months ago I never knew I could have it this good.

No comments:

Post a Comment