Custom Search

August 15, 2010

Blame it on Shrek

If I gain weight from this weekend, I'm blaming it on Shrek ... and Buzz and Woody and Tigger, too. Oh yeah, Disney - I got my eye on you. You make your movies attracted to children, and in turn I have to sit through hours of eye-glazing, heartburn-inducing, nail-biting animation. Most of which I've seen a thousand times, and really ... how many times can you hear "You got a friend in me" before you wanna punch Randy Newman in the face?

So I eat. I don't know why, to calm myself? To distract myself from the syrupy nonsense blathering on before me? I'm not really sure. But all weekend long, I've eaten crap. Oh, well, right?
Tomorrow is a new day, and therefore a whole new chance to keep up this weight-loss thing.

Oh, and to whoever created Space Jam? Bad, bad idea. After some initial confusion from my son as to why the show was half-animated (badly) and half real life (badly acted), he seems to love it. So beware - I'm not blaming Michael Jordan for that one; he does have to make a living, after all. But I am blaming Warner Bros., so they best watch their back when it comes to making hackneyed movies with bad acting and cartoon characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment