Custom Search

August 06, 2010

Wha....?

I came to the realization that some of my jeans don't fit me anymore. That's right, folks - they're too big. I keep belting them tighter, but then gave up tonight and decided to just buy a smaller size. I was in the dressing room, feeling like a fraud trying on jeans a size smaller than what I usually wear, and the minute I put my foot in the right leg my mind goes, "Crap. They're not gonna fit, not even over your calves! Maybe they have a size bigger out there, I should look. Sigh. I really like these .... what? They buttoned?! No freakin way!" Yes, folks, I did it. I can buy jeans a size smaller than "normal".

It's exciting! It's brand-new! It's rock-bottom sell-out prices! (okay, maybe not. I got kinda carried away right there). While I still feel like a fraud, it's kinda neat knowing that my spare tire now crams into a size smaller. Maybe I'm doing something right ... ?

I started a new job yesterday (temp, of course ... so they say) that has me out at awkward hours of the day, so I haven't been to Curves in a week or so ... maybe longer. That's okay, though, right? I'll go back, but I don't think I'll renew my membership when it's up in October. Life just gets in the way, but I know what to do to stay on track now.

No comments:

Post a Comment