Custom Search

August 26, 2010

Cry ... or laugh?

I have had an effed-up day from the minute my alarm went off at 5:15 this morning. Woke up sweaty and nauseous, and dead-tired, so I skipped the shower, barely downed breakfast ... and my ride for work was late. Sigh. I was upset my son was going to yet another day at his crappy school, so I called a better school, a superb, gold-standard school, and got him enrolled today. I learned I am going to get hired on full-time at my temp job, got paid today, picked up my newly fixed car from the shop, filled out what seemed like a year's worth of school paperwork in an hour and ... ate most of a pizza for dinner.

But you know what? Dammit, I'm trying hard and I had a bad/good/awesome/horrible day (huh?) and I was too tired to cook, or watch Mother cook, or try to sit and look civilized ... so crap for dinner it was.

Meh, who cares? It was one day, not my last meal (I hope!) so tomorrow is a new day, and I shall forge on like the good soldier I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment